How to be known as the BEST in your industry
A lot of us don’t think of how to be the BEST in our industry because we’re just so fucking busy in our day-to-day tasks – trying to make sure our business is moving forward, trying to make sure we’re bringing in enough clients and revenue, keeping an eye on our profit, etc.
At the end of the day, when we’re trying to get those speaking gigs, book deals, or trying to help people in an easier way, being known as the best in your industry is a very crucial starting point.
It’s very crucial as well if you’re starting off being booked out with lower paying clients, and feeling like you’re selling yourself short. You’re hustling harder than you need to for those clients who you’re only charging $10/hour, or $100/month. You know how smart and valuable you are, so you need to hold your business to those same standards. You need to make sure you’re allowing yourself enough time to grow as a business, and not sell yourself short to those who aren’t going to make a huge difference to your revenue stream.
Now, this of course is going to trigger all the feels. I can’t help you with all of those feelings, but I can help you feel like you’re the best in your industry, and this is where BE BOOKED OUT comes into play. A lot of people who have gone through the program have come out more confident as an industry expert or thought leader because of the way they’re setting themselves up. I want you to experience that feeling! Join the free Be Booked Out 5 day challenge. It starts on Monday for you when you sign up, so go ahead and get that step out of the way.
I know you want to be humble. I know you don’t want to run around screaming, “I’m the best! You’re the WORST.” That would make you an utter douchebag.
To be KNOWN as the best instead of bragging about it, you have to take a few things into account:
1. Customer/client experience
2. The results you’re giving them
There are services and courses out there that aren’t necessarily the best ones available. People may be the best at marketing and pretending that they’re the best, but the quality still may not be that great.
What you might want to do is actually take one of those courses and compare it to your own. If you have an industry leader out there and you want to see where they’re at, go ahead and subscribe or buy it so you can rationally see where you are in terms of advice. They might have some legit street cred, but that doesn’t mean they’re throwing out the caliber of advice that you can. Knowing where you are in terms of information and results you’re providing is super important. The level of results and customer/client experience are exactly what you should be looking at.
You might be doing really fucking well after only a year or 2 of experience, but you won’t know for sure until you do the research. Once you do, you might come to the realization that you ARE worth much more than you’re charging, and who doesn’t want to turn that anxiety into dollar signs?
How do we become the best? How do we go from total shit to THE shit?
Again, you could already be THE shit, but you’re making small mistakes along the way that loses business for you. Here are some key factors you should look at:
1. Generating traffic and marketing – having as many strangers see your shit as possible. The more strangers see your shit, the more they’ll talk about you. The more they talk about you, the more you’ll be seen as a celebrity or an expert. This is something you can get by speaking at summits, doing guest blog posts, articles, interviews, etc. This is something you can do RIGHT NOW. Reach out to the people in your circle and see where you can benefit from each other.
2. Your website is probably underselling you. Plenty of smart people who have gone through the Be Booked Out program have come in with a mediocre website and come out selling their services for 10 times the price that they were before, and they’re BOOKED OUT! (get it?) That’s not because they changed on the inside, that’s because their marketing is playing a higher game. That’s because this program turned them into a thought leader*, so they approach things differently.
*What’s a thought leader? It’s a circle-jerk term, but it’s real. It’s basically someone everyone looks to for the truth, their secrets, their behind-the-scenes of success. They make their clients feel like a friend, a real friend, a brutally honest friend that tells you what you need, what’s working and what’s just not going to work. This develops a level of trust between you and your client, so your client has confidence that you’re the best.
You need to have a fucking opinion, so get you some fucking opinions. Stop dancing around to please your clients when they ask you questions, and give them a real answer. Tell them what you think, because that’s what they’re paying you for. That’s why they’re asking you in the first place! Stop beating around the bush and tell them what they need to hear, not what they want to hear.
To take the internet, dissect it, distill it, and figure out how your clients should move forward is really important. That’s why Be Booked Out is a method. You’re getting a shitload of advice, that’s great, but what does that look like when you put it all together? That’s the whole point. It’s a whole, start-to-finish method. It gets YOU to take charge of your services rather than the client
3. You’re missing testimonials! Get those testies. You need to have past client’s opinions out there telling others they should hire you and why you’re the shit. Not only will it make your prospective clients feel more confident in hiring you, but it’ll boost your own ego as well. Hit up the people you’ve helped and ask them what they thought of your services. Be your own damn Yelp.
4. Where’s your audience? How are you getting people to notice you? Summits are a great way to get a huge group of people in front of you to convince them you’re the shit. Speaking gigs, blog posts, articles, they’re all going to help you, but at the end of the day what matters is speaking like a thought leader. Carry that ego you’ve put into your website and follow through in every aspect of your business. Be consistent, be firm, be real, but don’t be wishy-washy. At the end of the day, if people don’t see you as the best, it’s because of what you’re doing (or not doing). You don’t need “time” to build this ego. If you’re already giving people results, you’re perfectly fine where you are right now, so show it off. Make it known how fucking awesome you are.
So where do you go from here? You sign up for the Be Booked Out challenge. Let’s get you being the best in your industry. We will take care of your client experience, making sure you speak like a thought leader, and making sure you’re giving your clients the results they want. I’m going to take you through some very common blocks that get people to stop working with you, and from you being seen as the best. I want you to come in as an unknown and come out as a thought leader on the other side. You deserve to be known as the best. I want you to Evolve and Succeed, so make sure you sign up with the link below!