(The title of this post makes me feel like a douche already so bear with me.)
Evolve & Succeed went live in November 2013. I launched a newbie service for $75 (for a month of work) for five people (and only had 1 subscriber). It sold out in a week.
In February 2014 I launched a two day elite service for $1200 and sold 4 of them within two weeks.
I had 6 newsletter subscribers.
* I invested in Michelle Ward’s coaching to help me get my career figured out and off the ground. By working with someone further ahead of me I had support from a higher level pulling me upward.
* I wrote an excellent sales page. It made the investment of $1200 seem low in comparison to what they got. (The client usually made this back within the first month of working with me.)
* I had consult calls and then rewrote the service into a custom proposal for each one.
* It was a limited service. I only offered 5 spots.
* It’s hard to work on your own marketing (it requires unbiased perspective) so my clients were thrilled by my work and talked about it.
* Word of mouth was strong. My clients passed on the rave reviews to other business owners and that’s how I booked out the additional spots.
As you can see my newsletter numbers had no impact on how much I made. Word of mouth is the strongest and most compelling form of marketing.
I’m pleased to say that my clients from that service are still seeing positive growth and sales in their businesses. They still refer to the plans I made them, and are using our work together as the foundation for their marketing and product/service creation.
So don’t let your newsletter or social media numbers stop you. They didn’t stop me.
Update: people wanted to read the original sales page, but it’s been trashed so here’s the earliest version I can find.
What questions do you have?